Wednesday, January 9, 2008

An idea I have had for a long time . . .

I have been participating in a book club for a few years, and have been disappointed multiple times at how difficult it is to find what I feel is a "clean" book. And while I don't consider myself to be an accomplished writer or critic, I have felt it would be worthwhile to create a place where I could share with others good books I have found. I hope to hear others' opinions on the books I have read, as well as ones I have not. I do not know where this blog will go. Maybe nowhere. But then, maybe it can become something wonderful. I am making this up as I go along, so all I can do is see where it leads me.

My reviews here are very subjective, as I am not counting how many times any particular thing happens in the story. As I have learned from books such as Kite Runner, one scene, one page is enough to make the entire book unclean.

As a warning, my reviews may contain spoilers. I have decided to give a 5-star system. 5 stars will be the best, or concerning "cleanliness" 5 stars is absolutely clean. First, I will rate how much I enjoyed the book. Then I will rate how much violence, sex , and foul language (including taking the Lord's name in vain) I found. This may change as time goes on, but it is a start.

No comments: